Every year Ian Fleming Publications sponsors the Crime Writers’ Association Ian Fleming Steel Dagger award, which goes to the best thriller published in the UK. The winner receives £2000 and also receives a steel dagger, which is based on the weapon used by Special Forces during World War II. The 2008 shortlist has been revealed to consist of:
- Mo Hayder – Ritual – Transworld
- Gregg Hurwitz – I See You – Little, Brown
- Michael Robotham – Shatter – Sphere (Little, Brown)
- Tom Rob Smith – Child 44 – Simon & Schuster
- David Stone – The Echelon Vendetta – Penguin
The judging panel includes: Corrine Turner (Chair and Managing Director of Ian Fleming Publications), Charlie Higson (author of the Young Bond series of novels), Michael Jecks (author from Knights Templar series), Simon Robertson, Zoë Watkins (Publishing Manager of Ian Fleming Publications), and Gordon Wise.
The winner will be announced on July 10, 2007 at the Four Seasons Hotel in London’s Park Lane.
- Oct.22.09 » 2009 Ian Fleming Steel Dagger Winner Announced
- Sep.8.09 » 2009 CWA Steel Dagger Shortlist
- Sep.19.08 » Bond Bound: Ian Fleming and the Art of Cover Design
- Jul.11.08 » Child 44 Wins 2008 Ian Fleming Steel Dagger