The Crime Writer’s Association has announced (via their website) the shortlist for this year’s Ian Fleming Steel Dagger Award. The winner will receive £2000 and also a steel dagger, which is based on the weapon used by Special Forces during World War II.
- Michael Connelly: The Brass Verdict (Orion)
- Gillian Flynn: Dark Places (Weidenfeld & Nicolson)
- John Hart: The Last Child (John Murray)
- Charlie Newton: Calumet City (Bantam Press)
- Daniel Silva: Moscow Rules (Michael Joseph)
- Olen Steinhauer: The Tourist (HarperCollins)
- Andrew Williams: The Interrogator (John Murray)
The judging panel this year consists of: Corinne B Turner (Chair and Managing Director of Ian Fleming Publications), Sarah Fairbairn (Editorial Manager at Ian Fleming Publications), Philip Gooden, Samantha Weinberg (author of The Moneypenny Diaries), Rob Williams, and David Wilson (Head of Creative and Business Affairs at Eon Workshop; Michael G. Wilson’s son)
The winner will be announced on October 21st.
- Oct.22.09 » 2009 Ian Fleming Steel Dagger Winner Announced
- Sep.19.08 » Bond Bound: Ian Fleming and the Art of Cover Design
- Jul.11.08 » Child 44 Wins 2008 Ian Fleming Steel Dagger
- Jun.5.08 » 2008 CWA Steel Dagger Shortlist